Thursday, May 5, 2016

Dueling With the Duke (Brotherhood of the Sword #2) by Robyn DeHart



Four Stars
This is my third book by Roby DeHart and just like the other two I read by her, I really enjoyed “Dueling with the Duke.” Just like the previous two books, I enjoyed the hero and the heroine. I also loved the chemistry of the characters and I really enjoyed her storyline!

When the story starts, Lilith Crisp, Lady Thornton is outside on the balcony at a ball. Gabriel Campbell, Duke of Lynford happens to step outside and the two of them strike up a conversation! There is an instant attraction between the two of them but nothing comes up it!

Lilith is a beautiful women and has her pick of men to marry but her father is not going to settle for just any man, he wants someone with heavy pockets. Gabriel is the second son and he knows he is out of Lilith’s league. As luck would have it, Gabriel’s older brother ends up asking her to dance and she accepts. Through a twist of fate Lilith and Gabriel end up being forever connected but neither of them are happy about how this comes about. I think that the little twist in both Gabriel and Lilith’s story is so essential to the story and I don’t want to give it away!

Years later, Lilith is married and she ends up face to face with Gabriel again. Lilith’s marriage was anything but happy but she has learned to survive and she made the best of it. Lilith always used her beauty to get her way. She never let her appearance get in her way and she always knew how to get the men around her to do what she wanted.

The only man who doesn’t seem to fall into her hands is Gabriel. He was nicknamed “the Saint” because of his celibacy. After the events that tied him and Lilith together forever, he turned over a new leaf and joined the Brotherhood of the Sword, a group of men dedicated to protecting Queen Victoria.

So, I really enjoyed both Lilith and Gabriel! I found their story to be so complex and intriguing! I also really enjoyed his allegiance with the Brotherhood! I loved the adventure and mystery that they both had to solve. I also cannot wait to see what DeHart has planned with Isabela and Angel! I could already see their chemistry. Finally, there was a moment in the story where the author just shocked me and I could not believe what I was reading! I had to re-read it! So good! I did not see that coming! Needless to say, this was a fantastic read and I cannot wait to read the next book by DeHart!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...