Monday, December 9, 2013

Braving the Brontes (Carly Keene, Literary Detective) by Katherine Rue


*ARC received from Netgalley for an honest review
Publication: May 1, 2014
Loved this story.  What a fantastic book! As the mother of a young daughter I would love for her to read about this types of stories.  This book is 109 pages which I think is pretty lengthy for a young reader.  I loved the idea of Carly Keene’s time travel and the different scenarios that she lived out.  I also loved that it takes place in Alaska.  This story provides a great mixture of history and mystery.  It’s also a great way to introduce the Bronte family to literary minds.  I love the idea of a young girl as a detective! Worthwhile read for young girls. 

Braving the Brontes (Carly Keene: Literary Detective, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...