Monday, September 30, 2013

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes



Copy from Netgalley.com
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
What an amazing book! I could give this 100 stars! Books like this are why I love reading.  I could not put this book down! Louisa or Lou was so interesting, kind-hearted and a real person. Wil was full of complexities and even though at times he was a real jerk you could not help but fall in love with him and root for him.
I loved how Lou transformed throughout the novel and how her and Wil’s lives seemed to switch places-of sorts.  They were opposites but perfectly matched.
Lou’s family was also entertaining. The author really captured the little family quirks and she described the perfect family for Lou. I especially loved to see how her relationship with Treena evolved.
Lou seemed to bring out the best in everyone, she even made Ms. & Mr. Traynor more likeable, there were no bad guys vs good guys, just very different people joined by one person-Wil.
To me a fantastic book is one that you can’t put down, the pages are numberless because you are a part of the story, and the characters are real-or your convinced they are.  I couldn’t wait to see how it all ended but I was sad when it did.
Moyes took a very delicate matter and gave it a name and a cast of characters to humanize the issue.  Incredibly well written and as the Brits say-brilliant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Scandalous Ladies of London #2 The Duchess: The Scandalous Ladies of London

Classic Sophie Jordan! I really , really enjoyed this book. I could not wait to read about Valencia! I thought her story was very unique... ...